PHO-Cagayan confirms increase in dengue cases for the first half of 2015

July 1, 2015 9:33 am 

TUGUEGARAO CITY, June 30 — The Provincial Health Office (PHO) of Cagayan has confirmed an increase of dengue cases in the province from January to June this year compared to the same period last year.

Assistant Provincial Health Officer Dr. Carlos Cortina said the increase of 3-percent or equivalent to 10 cases represents the 308 cases this year from 298 in 2014.

“This is the reason why our office is undertaking close monitoring of the dengue situation in the province so that we could easily implement stringent measures to prevent its further increase,” Dr. Cortina said.

In Tuguegarao City alone, he added, there are 62 cases already reported for the first semester of 2015, compared to 42 cases of the same period last year. Tuguegarao City remains to have the most number of reported cases compared to the 28 other municipalities of the province.

Meanwhile, two dengue deaths have been reported for the first half of this year. There were only two deaths registered for the entire year of 2014.

Other municipalities that registered high cases this year are Baggao with 36, Aparri with 30, Buguey and Sta Ana have registered 22 cases each. (PNA)

FFC/RCK/SCD/SERGIO D. DE GUZMAN

Comments

Comments are closed.