All patients on salted egg poisoning discharged from hospital

November 5, 2014 12:39 am 

LINGAYEN, Pangasinan, Nov. 4 –All the patients who were believed to have been food poisoned by salted eggs have already been discharged from the hospital.

Provincial health officer Dr. Ana De Guzman said that all the 14 persons in San Carlos City downed by food poisoning were now back to their respective homes after suffering from vomiting and stomach ache due to salmonella bacterium.

Reports said the patients, the youngest is two years old and the oldest is 56 years old, had been confined to the hospital soon after partaking salted eggs.

De Guzman said the first three patients were confined on Oct. 21, four patients on Oct. 29; one patient on Oct. 30 and another six last Oct. 31.

The patients are residents of barangays Palaming, Apunit, Apayar, San Juan, and San Pedro in San Carlos City.

The salted eggs were bought from the new and old public market, and from ‘talipapa, (village market). However, the source of the salted eggs is still the subject of investigations.

Selling of eggs in the area has been stopped, following the food poisoning.

Last June, at least 30 people have also been victims of food poisoning after eating salted eggs in the province.

De Guzman then warned the public to be more conscious in choosing and preparing their food.

In the case of eggs, she said, those with cracks or with foul smell should not be consumed anymore. (PNA)

RMA/LVM/JMRM/RMA

Comments

Comments are closed.