Gov't ready for school opening, says Palace

May 26, 2013 10:12 am 

MANILA, May 25 — Malacanang made an assurance Saturday that government agencies have made the necessary preparations for the school opening next month.

In a radio interview over dzRB Radyo ng Bayan, Deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte said the Philippine National Police is ready to ensure peace and order as children go back to school this June.

The Department of Trade and Industry has also launched a caravan that will sell cheap and safe school supplies, Valte said.

Valte is encouraging the public to avail of the DTI’s offering by knowing the caravan schedule. Usually, the DTI sells the supplies near the municipal building or in public places, she said.

Valte also told the parents to report public schools asking for fees during enrolments, noting a DepEd guideline prohibiting the collection of such fees from students.

“Mahigpit pong pinagbabawal ‘yan ng DepEd sa mga public school kahit tawagin nila itong mga voluntary collections. Meron lang mga bagay na binibigyan ng pahintulot ang DepEd pagdating sa mga kakaunting babayarin sa ating mga pampublikong paaralan,” she said.

The national government is also coordinating with local government units in the inspection of dormitories to make sure that owners comply with the new building code, the Palace official said.

Last week, the Palace appealed to colleges and universities to go slow in increasing their tuition fees asking them to impose adjustments based on consultations with different stakeholders. (PNA)

HBC/PCOO/JSD

Comments

Comments are closed.