No major crime recorded during New Year revelry -PNP

January 1, 2013 2:55 pm 

MANILA, Jan. 1 — The Philippine National Police (PNP) said Tuesday that no major crime was recorded during the recently concluded New Year revelry but except for revelry-related incidents.

PNP spokesman Chief Superintendent Generoso Cerbo Jr. said this year's celebration was "better" than last year's in terms of the peace-and-order situation.

"I would say this year's celebration was more peaceful than last year's, though there were still accidents and fires," Cerbo said.

Citing initial reports, he said there was no "major crime" recorded during the New Year's Eve celebrations.

However, Cerbo said there were incidents of fights stemming from drinking sprees and fireworks-related injuries.

On the other hand, Cerbo said the PNP will investigate the death of a four-year-old boy who was hit by a stray bullet in Mandaluyong City.

He is also dismayed to see firecracker-related injuries, especially those that may involve amputation. (PNA)

FPV/CLTC

Comments

Comments are closed.