Hackers deface DBM website, important data still intact — Abad

April 25, 2012 9:47 pm 

MANILA, April 25 — Budget and Management Secretary Florencio Abad on Wednesday said hackers have defaced the Department of Budget and Management’s (DBM) website but assured the public that all important documents on the site are still safe.

He said the website, www.dbm.gov.ph, was defaced at about 2 p.m. Wednesday, the culprits are still unknown.

“Our initial findings indicate that all important data in the website remain intact. We are at present conducting a security audit on the site, which will remain offline until the audit has been completed and the necessary repairs are made. In addition, we have yet to establish the true identities of the parties or individuals responsible for the attack,” he said.

Abad explained that the department had a soft launch of their new website last week.

He said the new website was made to make it more user-friendly, navigable, and interactive for web users and visitors.

“It is fortunate that we shifted to the new platform, which presents fewer security risks than the DBM’s previous content management system,” he said.

Abad stressed that he announced the hacking to “alert other agencies to possible vulnerabilities in their respective websites.” (PNA)

lgi/JS

Comments

Comments are closed.