Person dies, 50 families loses home in QC fire

March 26, 2012 11:53 am 

MANILA, March 25 -– One person died in a fire believed to have been caused by an unattended candle which rendered at least 50 families homeless in Cubao, Quezon City early Sunday, the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) and Text Fire Philippines (TFP) said.

BFP and TFP said the fire happened in a shantytown at the corner of Ermin Garcia and Annapolis Streets in Barangay E. Rodriguez at 3 a.m. It is at the back of Nepa-Q-Mart Market.

The fatality’s identity is withheld pending notification to his next of kin. Three others were hurt when they tried to escape from their burning home.

Initial investigation showed the fire started from a candle left inside the house of a certain Liza Mata.

QC government said it is preparing relief goods for the displaced families. (PNA) RSM /JCA/rsm

Comments

Comments are closed.