AFGO chief denies coup reports

March 26, 2012 11:53 am 

MANILA, March 25 – Association of Generals and Flag Officers (AGFO) president (retired) Lt. Gen. Raul Argello on Sunday denied reports that suspected coup plotters are trying to recruit to their ranks and cause some of the nation's retired military officers.

"There is no truth to that report," Argello said.

Arguello also added that military adventurism will not bring the country any good as it will destabilize the growth and progress being accomplished so far by the present administration.

"As far as I am concern, I am confident that no one from the AGFO (the association of retired of military officers)will support such plots," he said.

And when asked about Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV's claim that some groups adverse to President Benigno Simeon "Noynoy" Aquino III were planning to stage ouster plot against the incumbent, Arguello said that it was up to the former Navy officer to identify these plotters in the open.

The AGFO chief also added that there is no reason for anyone to stage a military takeover as the present administration is very stable and working hard to better the people. (PNA)

RMA/PFN

Comments

Comments are closed.