Nueva Vizcaya fire incidents lower in 2011 – BFP

January 11, 2012 11:55 pm 

BAYOMBONG, Nueva Vizcaya, Jan. 11 – The occurrence of fire incidents in the province last year was lower in number compared to 2010, officials of the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) here said.

Fire Chief Inspector Allan Eballar, provincial fire marshal, said the level of awareness and education of households in the province increased, causing a decrease in fire incidents registered by the BFP from 34 in 2010 to only 24 in 2011, lower with 10 incidents, covering structural and vehicular.

“This can be attributed to the continuing information campaign that we are doing every year based on our scheduled dates and target sectors,” he explained.

The fire incidents in 2010 damaged more than 2.7 million worth of properties while the incidents last year registered more than 5.40 million – worth of damages to properties without the loss of lives and or limbs.

The higher worth of damages last year was due to the nine fire incidents, covering structural, vehicular and grass fires that occurred in the town of Solano where it brought expensive damages to medium-rise buildings, followed by the town of Bayombong hat left P.530 million – worth of damages, Diadi with P.875 million – worth of destruction and undisclosed worth of damages of a fire incident in Dupax del Sur town.

Eballar also reiterated the fire prevention measures that need to be followed by homeowners and business establishment operators particularly on the plugging off of appliances especially those that can easily overheat.

“Appliances especially those without automatic shut off equipment must be plugged off to avoid possible occurrence of fires in homes and business establishments,” he added. (PNA) LAP/SCD/BME/mba

Comments

Comments are closed.