FIGHT VS. COVID-19 CONTINUES. Dr. Amirel Usman, acting Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao health minister, said regional health workers are trying to “flatten the curve” and called for public support. On Thursday (Nov. 12, 2020), the region posted 112 recovered patients, the third-highest number of recoveries so far in the region. (File photo by MOH-BARMM)
COTABATO CITY – The Ministry of Health in the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (MOH-BARMM) has reported that more than 100 patients have defeated coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) as of Thursday evening, the third-highest number of recoveries in a day across the region.
Dr. Amirel Usman, acting BARMM health minister, said health authorities remained hopeful the number of recoveries will continue to rise and the number of new cases to slow down.
As of Thursday, Usman said 112 patients have recovered from the disease, raising the total number of cumulative recovered patients to 1,850 from 2,221 confirmed cases for an 83 percent recovery rate.
BARMM has seen a high number of recoveries in recent days.
For instance, the region posted 216 recoveries earlier this week. On Oct. 27, the BARMM also posted 117 recoveries.
“We continue to work hard to flatten the curve, we need the support of all,” Dr. Usman said, adding that every citizen can “participate in this global campaign by simply staying at home or use facemask and face shields when going out of their residence for essential needs.”
Usman said that six new cases were reported as of Thursday, three of them from the province of Maguindanao, two in Sulu, and one in Basilan.
Active cases in the region are at 291, with 80 deaths. (PNA)