Comelec has not issued an order dismissing the disqualification cases against Duterte –Lim

January 12, 2016 by · Comments Off on Comelec has not issued an order dismissing the disqualification cases against Duterte –Lim 

MANILA, Jan. 11 — Commissioner Christian Robert Lim, head of the Commission on Elections (Comelec) First Division, said on Monday the poll body has not issued an order dismissing the disqualification case filed by John Paulo Delas Nieves, chairman of the University of the Philippines (UP) Student Council, against presidential aspirant and Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte.

Read more

Cayetano says Duterte to seek SC’s help if disqualified by Comelec

January 5, 2016 by · Comments Off on Cayetano says Duterte to seek SC’s help if disqualified by Comelec 

160104161636Vice presidential candidate Senator Alan Peter Cayetano says Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte will seek relief from the Supreme Court (SC) if his Certificate of Candidacy (CoC) for president in the 2016 polls will be cancelled by the Commission on Elections (Comelec). îWeíre confident that the Comelec will uphold his candidacy, his CoC, and if not, the SC is there,î Cayetano said in a press conference at the Bonifacio Global City in Taguig on Monday (Jan. 4, 2016).
Last month, several disqualification cases have been filed against Duterte at the Comelec, including a petition of broadcaster Ruben Castor who asked the commission to declare as null and void the CoC of anti-crime advocate Martin Dino. (PNA photo by Avito C. Dalan)
SCS/acd

Duterte to seek SC’s help if disqualified by Comelec –-Cayetano

January 5, 2016 by · Comments Off on Duterte to seek SC’s help if disqualified by Comelec –-Cayetano 

By Jelly F. Musico

MANILA, Jan. 4 (PNA) – Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte will seek relief from the Supreme Court (SC) if his Certificate of Candidacy (CoC) for president in the 2016 polls will be cancelled by the Commission on Elections (Comelec), according to his running mate, Senator Alan Peter Cayetano, on Monday.

Read more

Comelec to release initial list of candidates on Wednesday

December 21, 2015 by · Comments Off on Comelec to release initial list of candidates on Wednesday 

MANILA, Dec. 20 — The Commission on Elections (Comelec) says the initial roster of aspirants to be released on Wednesday would be close to the final list of candidates to be included in the ballots for the May 2016 national and local polls.

Read more