Comelec, Eastmincom now halfway in retrieving remaining election materials

May 11, 2016 3:50 am 

DAVAO CITY, May 10 — The Commission in Elections (Comelec)-11 and the Armed Forces of the Philippines are now completing the retrieval process of all election paraphernalia from the polling centers in the far-flung areas under the Eastern Mindanao Command (Eastmincom).

Brig. Gen. Ronnie Evangelista said the retrieval is already 50 percent done. Retrieval of poll materials will complete the election process in Davao Region and some parts of North Cotabato, South Cotabato and Sarangani.

The troops from Eastmincom serve as escorts of the Board of Election Inspectors (BEIs).

Evangelista noted that in the Eastmincom's area of responsibility, the retrieval process in Davao City is already 70.5 percent complete; Davao del Sur – 71..53 percent; Davao Oriental – 53.13 percent; Davao del Norte – 20 percent; Davao Occidental – 38 percent; Compostela Valley – 41 percent; Sarangani – 22 percent; South Cotabato – 60 percent; and North Cotabato – 90.4 percent.

So far, Evangelista said no major election-related incident happened within the Eastmincom area except for the reported ballot switching. He said it was only a mistake of delivering the “unshaded ballot” to a polling precinct to which it does not belong.

He said the shooting incident that was reported in La Paz, Agusan del Sur was drug-related.

“We are very proud there was no single incident that is election-related,” Evangelista said.

Meanwhile, Evangelista admitted ground commanders met with President Benigno Aquino III during the election but dismissed negative speculations of its intention.

Evangelista said the President wanted to get updates around the country as part of his monitoring on the conduct of the election and canvassing. (PNA)

LAP/LILIAN C. MELLEJOR/LDP

Comments

Comments are closed.