Cayetano says Duterte to seek SC’s help if disqualified by Comelec

January 5, 2016 6:15 am 

160104161636Vice presidential candidate Senator Alan Peter Cayetano says Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte will seek relief from the Supreme Court (SC) if his Certificate of Candidacy (CoC) for president in the 2016 polls will be cancelled by the Commission on Elections (Comelec). îWeíre confident that the Comelec will uphold his candidacy, his CoC, and if not, the SC is there,î Cayetano said in a press conference at the Bonifacio Global City in Taguig on Monday (Jan. 4, 2016).
Last month, several disqualification cases have been filed against Duterte at the Comelec, including a petition of broadcaster Ruben Castor who asked the commission to declare as null and void the CoC of anti-crime advocate Martin Dino. (PNA photo by Avito C. Dalan)
SCS/acd

Comments

Comments are closed.