Antique gov warns on rise of dengue cases

September 2, 2015 6:10 am 

SAN JOSE, Antique, Sept. 1 -– Governor Rhodora J. Cadiao has warned residents in the province to follow the precautionary measures against dengue fever to prevent the further spread of this viral disease in their respective areas.

“The rainy season is also season for many diseases , some of them may cause death like dengue, but we can always do something to prevent the spread of these diseases especially dengue,” Governor Cadiao said.

The governor issued the warning saying that dengue fever cases in the province has reached an alarming level already.

“We have more than 350 cases already as of August 26, 2015. Let us help each other to control the spread of dengue. Actually it’s quite easy as long as everybody is participating,” she said as she urged the residents to keep their surroundings clean in order to eliminate the breeding sites of the mosquito that transmit this disease.

According to the records of the Provincial Health Office, a total of 349 dengue cases were recorded from January to August 26 this year in Antique.

“These are the reported cases only. It’s more than 25 percent higher than the recorded cases in the period last year of 273 for the period-January to August.

According to the PHO record, Tobias Fornier municipality has the most number of dengue cases followed by Sibalom, San Jose, Hamtic, and Valderrama.

Dengue is transmitted by the bite of an aedes mosquito that is infected with a dengue virus. Dengue fever is fatal if not managed immediately.(PNA)

FFC/AJP/RPA/CBF

Comments

Comments are closed.