160 fall sick in India after having 'prasad' in religious fair

January 29, 2015 12:29 am 

CHINSURAH, WB, Jan. 28 — About 160 people were hospitalised with symptoms of food poisoning after consuming 'khichdi' as prasad at a religious fair at Arambagh in Hooghly district.

The devotees had consumed 'khichdi' as prasad at the 'Pir Mela' and started complaining of stomach ache and vomiting, Arambagh Municipality Chairman Swapan Nandy said.

He said the pulses used in the khichdi were suspected to be adulterated and sent for test. (PNA/PTI)

LAP/RSM

Comments

Comments are closed.