Palace wants info campaign on Ebola intensified despite SWS survey

November 10, 2014 8:54 am 

By Jelly F. Musico

MANILA, Nov. 9 (PNA) -– Despite survey showing 73 percent of Filipinos are aware of Ebola virus disease, the information campaign should be intensified to prevent the deadly disease from entering the country, Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) Secretary Herminio Coloma, Jr said on Sunday.

”Although many people said they know Ebola, their knowledge is not complete. It is important to have proper information to make necessary preparation and eliminate fears of the people,” Coloma said in Radyo ng Bayan interview.

Coloma said the government, specifically the Department of Health (DOH) continues its preparation against possible entry of Ebola in the country.

”The preparation is in accordance with the DOH guidelines which contain case detection and reporting, outbreak management and response, surveillance and points of entry, case management, inter-agency coordination, planning and resource allocation,” Coloma said.

He said intensified information campaign and wider knowledge about the Ebola virus disease is the key to avoid the deadly virus.

Coloma said the information dissemination is not only being done in Luzon but also in Visayas and Mindanao.

According to SWS survey, 82 percent of the Filipinos have expressed fear that they will be infected while the remaining 18 percent do not care about the disease. (PNA)

CTB/JFM/SSC

Comments

Comments are closed.