DOT-6 director confident 2014 tourist arrival target of 3.6M could be reached

October 16, 2014 5:19 am 

ILOILO CITY, Oct. 15 — Department of Tourism (DOT) Regional Director Helen Catalbas said she is confident that the targeted tourists arrivals of 3.6 million for 2014 could be reached despite the travel ban issued by the Chinese government last September.

Catalbas, in an interview October 14, said that they expect influx of tourists to the region’s number one tourism destination, Boracay island in Aklan province starting next month until December, which are considered "super peak season".

The director further said that although their number of tourists arrivals is still partial at this time, the figure is already nearing their target.

”We already reached the 3.6 million figure last year,” Catalbas said. She said the figure could already be realized by November.

She said that with the fast approaching Christmastime and New Year many tourists would start coming over for their holidays in the white sand beach. Thus, the DOT and tourism stakeholders are already preparing for their arrival. (PNA)

LAP/AJPETINGLAY/VLO/PJN

Comments

Comments are closed.