2 laborers electrocuted in Iloilo declared safe

September 4, 2014 7:00 am 

ILOILO CITY, Sept. 3 — Two workers were electrocuted while repairing the roof of a café shop in Poblacion, Leganes, Iloilo Wednesday morning.

SPO4 Aberto Sarmiento of Leganes PNP identified the victims as Reynaldo Monero and Jofmar Pingo who were immediately rushed to West Visayas State University Hospital for treatment.

Fortunately, the two were declared conscious by the attending physician after an hour of treatment.

According to a resident who witnessed the incident, Monero is fixing the roof of a café shop when he accidentally touched a live wire.

Pingo responded immediately by climbing on the roof upon hearing Monero’s shouts. He was also injured by the strong electric current. (PNA)

LAM/AJP/MGCAOYONAN/VLO

Comments

Comments are closed.