Cebu solon assures full power restoration in Yolanda-hit Cebu’s north district

February 14, 2014 7:39 am 

CEBU CITY, Feb. 13 — Rep. Benhur Salimbangon (Cebu, fourth district) assured that electricity is already completely restored in his district, one of the areas severely hit by super typhoon "Yolanda" last Nov. 8.

“Yes, there is power already. But there are still unlighted houses in Bantayan Island because the lot owners did not give their approval,” he said.

Earlier, the Department of Energy (DOE) said power in northern Cebu has been fully restored some three months after "Yolanda" knocked down power lines in the area.

But DOE 7 Director Antonio Labios said not all residents in Pilar town in Camotes Island got their connections back because their homes were not yet rebuilt.

"Yolanda" has affected the power supply in Cebu, as connection to the Samar-Leyte grid was damaged, resulting to a series of rotational brownouts in Cebu City that started December 20 last year.

Cebu Gov. Hilario Davide III said he was pleased by the effort of the power sector, saying the time frame for full restoration, originally expected to be within six months after the typhoon hit northern Cebu, was accomplished only in three months.

“I commend the power sector for doing their job,” he said. (PNA)

LGI/EB

Comments

Comments are closed.