ARMM intensify manhunt vs. abductors of Indian trader in Maguindanao

November 18, 2013 7:18 am 

COTABATO CITY, Nov 18 — Police authorities in the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) have intensified its manhunt against the kidnappers of Indian national who was seized on Nov. 13 in Parang, Maguindanao.

Senior Inspector Gani Miro, chief of police of Parang, Maguindanao, said no ransom has been raised for the release of Krishan Sing Arora, 54, who was seized inside the Eversun Plywood firm in Barangay Sarmiento.

"Our intelligence gathering is gaining ground, we hope to bring back Mr. Arora as soon as possible," Miro said.

"Until now we still consider the case as simple abduction and not kidnap for ransom," he added.

The police official said his office is coordinating with other government agencies and local government units of areas in Maguindanao where the victim is believed being kept.

The Philippine government is seeking the help of the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) in locating the whereabouts of Arora.

Ghadzali Jaafar, speaking for the MILF, said the MILF is doing its share in finding the Indian businessman through the GPH-MILF ceasefire panel.

Kritika Arora, the victim's daughter based in Brampton, Canada, has appealed through the Philippine embassy in India and posted on, appealing to the government help bring his father back home safely.

"We need help, government needs to get my dad and other kidnapped people back to their homes safely," Kritika said.

Kritika also launched a signature campaign to help her in her personal appeal to the Philippine government.

Her father was kidnapped from his home, by fake bodyguards in uniform on November 13.

He was taken from his premises which was supposedly a tightly-guarded seaside Eversun plywood factory in Barangay Sarmiento in southwest of Parang.

Arora was among the investors trying to re-open the mothballed plywood company.

Arora was the second Indian national kidnapped in Cotabato City and Maguindanao since Oct. 31.

Mike Khemani, owner of a chain of department stores in Cotabato City and North Cotabato, was seized on Oct. 31 and freed a week later after his family reportedly paid undetermined amount of ransom.

"We are doing our best to rescue Arora, we are hoping for positive development in the next days," said police Chief Supt. Noel Delos Reyes of the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao where Parang town was located.

Arora has been staying at the Eversun compound since he acquired control of the property several months ago. Eversun was abandoned by its Korean investors. (PNA)



Comments are closed.