President Aquino appoints new officials in various government agencies
October 9, 2012 10:02 pm
MANILA, Oct. 9 — President Benigno S. Aquino III has appointed new officials in various government agencies, a Malacanang official said Tuesday.
The appointments were announced by Deputy Presidential Spokesperson Abigail Valte during the regular press briefing at the Palace.
The Chief Executive signed the appointment letter of retired Chief Justice Reynato S. Puno as Member of the Board of Regents of the University of the Philippines, Commission on Higher Education (CHED). His term of office will expire on Sept. 30, 2014.
President Aquino likewise signed the appointment letter of Eduardo B. Jose as Commissioner of the Philippine Racing Commission (PHILRACOM). His term of office will expire on Aug. 15, 2014.
Other presidential appointees include the following:
– Roman M. Jumawan as Department of Transportation and Communications (DOTC) Acting Director III.
– Raul B. Aguilos as Director II of the Land Transportation Office (LTO) under the DOTC.
– Emiliano T. Bantog Jr., Putiwas M. Malambut, Noreen Bernadette S. San Luis-Lutey and Jesus Ma. Y. Vitug as LTO Acting Directors II.
– Manuel L. Betaizar, Macario D. Gonzaga, Vicente O. Nato and Francisco P. Ranches Jr. as Acting LTO Directors I.
– Ramon Fiel G. Abcede as Acting Director III of the Department of Education (DepEd).
– Miguel Mac D. Aposin, Roel F. Bermejo, Wivina B. Gonzales and Josilyn S. Solana as Acting Schools Division Superintendents, DepEd.
– Radne B. Jomuad and Clarissa G. Zamora as Acting Assistant Schools Division Superintendents, DepEd.
– Reynalda R. Bangunan, Marites A. Ibanez, Benjamin D. Paragas and Gloria R. Torres as Schools Division Superintendents, DepEd.
– Rene R. Fuentes as member (representing Private Sector), Board of Directors, Food Terminal Inc. (FTI) under the Department of Agriculture (DA).
– Maria Edita Z. Tan as Acting Assistant Secretary of the Department of Finance (DOF).
– Gerardo R. Florendo as Director II, Head Revenue Executive Assistant, Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) under the Department of Finance (DOF).
– Antonietta F. Ibe as Commissioner, Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), DOF.
– Oswaldo C. Santos as Assistant Secretary of the Department of Science and Technology (DOST). His term of office is co-terminous with the appointing authority.
– Mediadora S. Claudio-Saniel and Jose Maria A. Ochave as members of the Governing Council (representing the Private Sector), Philippine Council for Health, Research, and Development (PCHRD), DOST.
– Angel C. Alcala, Mercedes B. Concepcion, Evelyn Mae Tecson-Mendoza, Jaime C. Montoya, William G. Padolina, Reynaldo B. Vea, Ruben L. Villareal as members of the Executive Council, National Academy of Science and Technology (NAST), DOST.
– Helen J. Catalbas as Acting Director IV of the Department of Tourism (DOT).
– Juan Miguel T. Cuna as Director III of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR).
– Romeo Gonzales Hidalgo as Representative of the Non-Government Organization, National Solid Waste Management Commission, DENR.
– Algamar A. Latiph as Acting Deputy Executive Director IV of the National Commission on Muslim Filipinos (NCMF).
– John E. Barrios, Commissioner (representing the Hiligaynon language) of the Commission on the Filipino Language; and,
– Robert S. Martinez, Civil Service Commission (CSC) Ad Interim Commissioner. (PNA)