Hackers attack DBM website anew

April 26, 2012 9:21 pm 

MANILA, April 26 – The Department of Budget and Management (DBM) is now conducting security audit on its website after two consecutive hacking attacks on Wednesday.

Budget and Management Secretary Florencio Abad said the agency’s website was again attacked by hackers at about 10 p.m. Wednesday, after the first incident at about 2 p.m. on the same day.

He said the website “may be inaccessible until critical issues are resolved.”

“Our initial findings show that all important data in the website have not been compromised, and we are taking additional measures to reinforce the security of our servers and prevent future attacks,” he stressed.

After the initial hacking incident, Abad said their website became inaccessible to anyone accessing the DBM portal.

Abad declined to identify possible perpetrators of the website hacking, citing that investigation is still ongoing. DBM conducted a soft launch of its new website last week.

Abad said the new website was made to make it more user-friendly, navigable, and interactive for web users and visitors.

“It is fortunate that we shifted to the new platform, which presents fewer security risks than the DBM’s previous content management system,” he said. (PNA)

DCT/scs/JS/utb

Comments

Comments are closed.