Two more suspects in Ramgen murder surrender

November 14, 2011 11:30 pm 

MANILA, Nov. 14 — After two weeks in hiding, two suspects in the murder of actor Ramgen “Ram” Jose Bautista Revilla surrendered to the Paranaque police early Monday morning.

Paranaque City Police Chief, Sr. Supt. Billy Beltran said live-in partners Glaiza Vista and Norwin dela Cruz yielded to the police at about 4 a.m. on Monday.

Beltran said the two were among those linked to the murder of the 23-year old actor.

With this development, only two suspects remained unaccounted for, a certain Brian and Ramgen’s sister, Ma. Ramona “Mara” Bautista, who fled to Istanbul, Turkey after recanting her earlier statement to the police that she was abducted and dumped by her brother’s assailants when they fled the crime scene after the attack.

Ramgen was shot and repeatedly stabbed inside their residence at BF Homes, Paranaque City on the night of Oct. 28, while his girlfriend Janelle Ann Caren Manahan was also shot but survived the attack and is now recuperating at the Asian Hospital in Muntinlupa City.

Police have filed murder and frustrated murder charges against Ramgen’s younger brother, Ramon Joseph “RJ” Bautista and Michael Jay Nartea and Roy Francis “Kiko” Tolisora.

Nartea and Tolisora were the ones who allegedly carry out the hit upon supposed orders from Ramona and RJ, But in their respective counter-affidavits submitted to the prosecutor's office last week, they denied the charges though they admitted being privy to the murder plan.

Like the police star witness, Ruel Puzon, Nartea and Tolisora also said they backed out of the plan after getting to know that the intended target was a member of the Revilla clan.

RJ is set to be arraigned on Nov. 16 at the sala of Paranaque City Regional Trial Court Branch 274 Judge Fortunato Madrona.

Ramgen’s mother, Genelyn Magsaysay said his siblings were innocent of the crime.

Beltran said Vista and dela Cruz were taken to an undisclosed safehouse as they earlier told police they feared for their lives as they were receiving death threats since they were implicated in the murder.

Though Vista and dela Cruz had yet to execute affidavits, the police official said they were “very important” to the resolution of the case, adding they could also help the authorities to Brian’s whereabouts.

"We believe the two will be key to the surrender of Brian," Beltran said though he added it was up to the evaluation of the prosecutors whether to make them state witness.

“Nasa prosecutor na po ang appreciation n’yan kung gagawin silang state witness (It depends on the prosecution if they would let them to be state witnesses) ,” he said.

The head of the task force spearheading the investigation of the case said the two invoked their Constitutional right to remain silent, adding that they told probers that they would only talk and give their statements in the presence of their legal counsel.

“They have not yet made any statement or execute affidavits as they invoked their constitutional rights and we respected that,” said Task Force Ramgen head, Chief Inspector Enrique Sy.

Investigation conducted by the task force pointed to the two as the alleged contact or middlemen between Ramgen’s killers and his brother, RJ. (PNA)

DCT/RMA/CLTC

Comments

Comments are closed.