Bulacan police chief sacked over spate of high-profile crimes

January 24, 2011 7:47 am 

MANILA, Jan. 23 — The Philippine National Police (PNP) high command announced on Sunday the relief of the Bulacan provincial police office (PPO) director following a spate of high-profile criminal incidents, including car thefts, within his area of responsibility.

Ordered relieved was Senior Supt. Fernando Villanueva, pending ongoing investigation.

PNP spokesman Chief Supt. Agrimero Cruz Jr. said Villanueva was placed on administrative relief and was replaced by Police Regional Office-3 (PRO-3) Deputy Regional Director for Operations Senior Supt. Wendy Rosario.

“The Bulacan provincial director was administratively relieved pending investigations being conducted on several high-profile criminal incidents during his watch such as the involvement of policemen in drugs, murder incidents as well as car thefts,” said Cruz.

It will be recalled that two members of the notorious Dominguez carnapping group, identified as Alfred Mendiola and Ferdinand Parulan, were arrested by police operatives in Bulacan on Saturday.

Mendiola and Parulan admitted participation in the gruesome kidnap-slaying of car trader Venzon Evangelista, whose charred body was recovered early last week in Cabanatuan City. Evangelista went missing on Jan. 14 after a supposed test drive of his Toyota Land Cruiser to a prospective buyer.

Earlier, a member of the San Jose del Monte City Police Station, PO1 Richard Guiyab, was caught in a video footage shown by GMA-7’s Imbestigador in a shabu session.

PRO-3 director Chief Supt. Alan Purisima wasted no time in relieving the San Jose del Monte police chief for command responsibility.

Purisima also vowed zero tolerance on members of the Central Luzon police found lax or remiss of their duties. (PNA) scs/MM

Comments

Comments are closed.