Antipolo City police chief sacked over jueteng

January 15, 2011 11:04 am 

CALAMBA CITY, Jan. 14 – Chief Supt. Samuel D. Pagdilao Jr., Calabarzon police director, on Friday relieved the chief of police of Antipolo City for failing to curb jueteng in his area.

Pagdilao said he sacked Supt. Manuel Pion after regional police operatives discovered that there is an active jueteng operation in Antipolo City.

At least five jueteng workers were arrested by members of the Calabarzon Regional Intelligence Division in a raid in Barangay Mambugan at around 11:30 a.m. Thursday, he said.

Seized from the suspects were P2,000 cash jueteng bets, he added.

Pagdilao said that before naming a replacement for Pion, he would consult with Antipolo City Mayor Nilo Leyble.

He said the relief of Pion should serve as a stern warning to all police commanders that the leadership of the Philippine National Police will not tolerate lackluster performance against illegal gambling.

On Oct. 17, last year, Pagdilao relieved two police chiefs in Laguna for violating the PNP’s “one-strike” policy on the illegal numbers game. They were Senior Inspector Noel Carias of Alaminos, Laguna; and Supt. Fernando de Castro of San Pablo City.

PNP chief Raul Bacalzo immediately ordered Director Pagdilao to relieve Carias and de Castro for violating the PNP's "one-strike policy" on jueteng. (PNA)

DCT/FMB

Comments

Comments are closed.