PNP: Gov't pressure prompted safe release of Yusoph

July 20, 2010 9:00 pm 

MANILA, July 20 -– The Philippine National Police (PNP) on Tuesday expressed elation over the safe release from captivity of Nuraldin Yusoph, son of Commission on Elections (Comelec) Commissioner Elias Yusoph.

PNP chief Director General Jesus Verzosa said that even Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) Secretary Jesse Robredo welcomed the safe ending of Yusoph’s kidnapping.

Verzosa also cited the efforts of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) and the crisis management committee, led by Lanao Del Sur Gov. Bonbit Adiong.

”On behalf of the Secretary of the Interior and Local Government, Hon. Jesse Robredo and our law enforcement counterparts in the Armed Forces of the Philippines and the National Bureau of Investigation, I share the pride of the entire PNP and all those responsible in securing the safe release of kidnap victim Nuraldin Yusoph yesterday,” said Verzosa.

The younger Yusoph was freed safely along Balulang junction in Cagayan de Oro City at around 5:10 p.m. Monday.

Authorites maintained there was no ransom paid for the release of Yusoph, 22.

Verzosa said constant pressure from the Police Anti- Crime Emergency Response (PACER), led by Senior Supt. Isagani Nerez and the Police Regional Office-Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (PRO-ARMM), under Chief Supt. Bienvenido Latag, prompted the release.

”Mainly through the efforts of the Crisis Management Committee, chaired by Governor Adiong and the PACER and constant pressure of pursuit operations PRO-ARMM and the AFP, with the cooperation of Commissioner Yusoph and family, Nuraldin was safely released by his abductors,” said Verzosa.

“I am glad that Nuraldin Yusoph has been reunited with his family after suffering a 30-day ordeal in the hands of his abductors. But the case doesn’t end there. We shall pursue all leads to identify, arrest and prosecute those behind this crime,” added Verzosa.

Yusoph was snatched by armed men on June 22 after praying at a mosque in Marawi City.

”As we speak, continuous police and military pursuit operations are underway against the suspects. I am confident we shall account for all of them in due time,” vowed Verzosa. (PNA)



Comments are closed.