Judge clears cop from Maguindanao massacre

July 20, 2010 9:00 pm 

MANILA, July 20 – A policeman suspected to be involved in the Maguindanao massacre has been removed from the list of the accused after a Quezon City Regional Trial Court (QCRTC) ruled there was no probable cause to indict him for the murders.

QCRTC Branch 221 Judge Jocelyn Solis-Reyes said Police Officer 1 Johann Draper, who was assigned to Maguindanao province, was dropped from the charge sheet, bringing the number of the accused to 196 persons.

“Finding no probable cause as far as PO1 Johann Draper is concerned, the cases filed against him are hereby dismissed,” said Solis-Reyes in her decision.

Draper was previously included in the list of 197 accused for the Nov. 23, 2009 massacre, which included Ampatuan clan patriarch Andal Ampatuan Sr. and his son, former Datu Unsay, Maguindanao, mayor Andal Jr. (PNA) /JCA

Comments

Comments are closed.