(Metro News) Ivler says sorry to QC court

July 19, 2010 9:44 pm 

MANILA, July 19 – Road rage suspect Jason Ivler on Monday afternoon apologized to the Quezon City Regional Trial Court for his emotional outburst during last week’s hearing.

"Your honor, I would like to apologize for any disrespect I may have shown the court," Ivler told QC Regional Trial Court Branch 76 Judge Alexander Balut before he was set to testify on his medical condition.

Ivler has asked the court to allow him to undergo surgery to reverse his colostomy. The surgery would allow him to defecate normally.

A colostomy is a reversible surgical procedure in which a stoma is formed by drawing the healthy end of the large intestine or colon through an incision in the anterior abdominal wall and suturing it into place.

This opening, in conjunction with the attached stoma appliance, provides an alternative channel for feces to leave the body.

The Department of Justice (DOJ) said last Friday that the direct assault and two counts of frustrated murder charges filed against Ivler in connection with the January 18 shootout that wounded two law enforcers was submitted for resolution after the suspect opted not to file his counter-affidavit.

The DOJ closed the preliminary investigation on the criminal cases when Ivler decided to waive his right to file his answer to the charges.

Ivler attended the preliminary investigation at the DOJ and informed the prosecution of his decision not to file his counter-affidavit. (PNA) RMA/JCA

Comments

Comments are closed.