QC court turns down Ivler’s appeal for colostomy

July 12, 2010 10:36 pm 

MANILA, July 12 – The Quezon City Regional Trial Court (QCRTC) on Monday afternoon turned down anew road rage suspect Jason Ivler’s appeal for a colostomy.

Ivler sustained injuries in his large intestines, prompting doctors to perform a colostomy.

QCRTC Branch 76 Judge Alexander Balut last week directed Ivler to personally testify in court on his medical condition, which Ivler’s lawyers said was already deteriorating.

Ivler, who is facing murder charges for the death in November 2009 of Renato Victor Ebarle Jr., son of a Malacañang official, was wounded in a shootout with National Bureau of Investigation agents out to arrest him last January.

During the hearing, Ivler lost his patience due to the court’s denial for a colostomy.

After the hearing, Ivler’s lawyer Atty. Alexis Medina appealed to Balut to accept the affidavit showing his client really needs a colostomy.

A colostomy is a reversible surgical procedure in which a stoma is formed by drawing the healthy end of the large intestine or colon through an incision in the anterior abdominal wall and suturing it into place.

Balut said Ivler can give further testimonies in the next hearing which will be announced later.

Ivler flared up and raised his yellow T-shirt then showed his stomach injury.

“You see this? I just want to put this back in. I don’t know why the need for too much debate on this!” the road rage suspect blurted out.

He was calmed down by his police escorts. (PNA) vcs/JCA

Comments

Comments are closed.