(Fire Update) No one hurt in 30-minute QC mall fire

May 25, 2010 8:22 pm 

MANILA, May 25 – A fire believed to have been caused by faulty electrical wiring damaged a stockroom of a native shirt store inside a mall on EDSA and North Avenue in Barangay Bagong Pag-Asa, Diliman, Quezon City on Tuesday afternoon.

Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) and Text Fire Philippines said a fire broke out at 5:04 p.m. at the Lucky Jay House of Barong, owned by Josephine Marasigan, on the second floor of the main building of SM North EDSA Mall.

Responding BFP and Text Fire Philippines firefighters, led by BFP-QC operations officer Chief Insp. Mario San Diego, and six fire trucks placed the fire under control at 5:30 p.m.

San Diego told the Philippines News Agency (PNA), which responded to the scene, that customers and mall personnel have been evacuated immediately but when things were restored to order, everything was back to normal. No one was injured in the incident, he said.

At closer look, the PNA saw the store on the second floor water-damaged and the Barongs were intact. (PNA) RMA/JCA

Comments

Comments are closed.