OWWA vows to assist deported OFW mistaken as fugitive

January 7, 2010 11:02 pm 

MANILA, Jan 7 – The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration vowed to extend any form of assistance to the deported overseas Filipino worker who was mistaken by authorities in Doha, Qatar as fugitive Jason Aguilar Ivler.

OWWA Administrator Carmencita Dimzon, in an interview with local radio program DZMM, said she had been contacting Jason Aguilar, a welder deployed in Qatar.

Aguilar, who arrived in Manila on Thursday, was arrested by Qatar authorities last week and was placed on a blacklist allegedly due to an expired visa.

Dimzon said she wanted to talk to Aguilar to discuss why he was sent home, barely three months after leaving for work last year.

She also said he instructed the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO)in Qatar to investigate on the matter.

Ivler, an American citizen and the stepson of an economist of Manila-based Asian Development Bank, is accused of killing Renato Victor Ebarle Jr., son of Malacañang assistant secretary Renato Ebarle, Nov. 18, last year.

The government has raised the reward for the real Ivler’s arrest to P1 million.

Ivler’s name is already on the Interpol Red Notice List since his warrant of arrest was released in the Philippines. He can be arrested abroad and deported back to the Philippines any time. (PNA) RMA/MPC

Comments

Comments are closed.