France assures RP of "solidarity" despite massacre

November 28, 2009 2:51 am 

MANILA, Nov. 26 —- The French government assured Philippine authorities on Friday of its “complete solidarity” with the Filipinos and said it “trusts that those responsible” for the Maguindanao massacre be prosecuted and convicted.

”France condemns in the strongest terms the heinous massacre perpetrated (on November 23) in the Philippine province of Maguindanao,” the French embassy in Manila said, quoting its Minister of Foreign and European Affairs

So far, at least 56 bodies have been recovered by government authorities from the site of the mass murder of Muslims and Christians in the November incident.

”France expresses its sincere condolences to the families of victims, and assures the Philippine authorities of its complete solidarity and of its trust that those responsible for this unspeakable massacre are effectively prosecuted, arrested, tried and convicted,” the statement said.

”It is essential that all conditions are met for a peaceful election campaign” for the May elections, it also said. (PNA)

V3/GJB

Comments

Comments are closed.