(METRO NEWS) 1,000 families evacuated in Manila

October 3, 2009 4:35 pm 

MANILA, Oct. 3 –Police and personnel of the Manila City Hall focibly evacuated about 1,000 families in Tondo to ensure their safety due to typhoon “Pepeng.”

Chief Supt. Rodolfo Magtibay, MPD director, said they conducted a “force evacuation” of residents of Tondo, Manila, particularly Isla Puting Bato, Baseco Compound, Masangkay Street, and Estero de Magdalena.

“The residents know that their lives are in danger. They learned their lesson of last week’s Ondoy,” he said.

Apart from Tondo, residents of Sta.Mesa, Manila, were also evacuated.

“They probably did not want what happened last week to happen to them again,” said Magtibay.

The evacuees were transferred to Del Pan Sports Complex, Almario Elementary School, Rasac Covered Court, and Baseco Covered Court.

Magtibay also deployed five policemen for each evacuation center to ensure safety of the residents.

He also said that they see no problem because the evacuees are being provided with basic needs.

Once the situation returns to normal, the evacuees will be allowed to return home. (PNA)

RMA/JES

Comments

Comments are closed.