Manhunt for other members of kidnap for ransom gang neutralized in Dagupan still on

August 6, 2009 9:21 am 

DAGUPAN CITY, Aug. 6 — Manhunt for the remnants of a kidnap-for-ransom gang whose five members were killed in a shootout with members of the Dagupan Police and the Presidential Anti-Crime Emergency Response (PACER) here last week is still on in Pangasinan and adjacent provinces.

Police Provincial Director Senior Superintendent Percival Barba revealed that that there are nine members of that gang and five were slain in the shootout that happened early morning of July 29 on a vacant lot along Jose R. de Venecia Expressway Extension.

Except for one of the dead, all were identified to be members of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) on Absent Without Official Leave (AWOL) status.

Barba said during the Kapisanan ng mga Brodkasters sa Pilipinas breakfast forum on Thursday that among those being hunted is the alleged leader of the group, a certain “Doc” of San Fabian town.

He said investigation conducted by the Pangasinan PNP, including PACER pointed to “Doc” as the one maintaining the just neutralized kidnap for ransom group.

The suspect (Doc), said Barba, had long been under surveillance, adding that the police are just gathering some more evidence and witnesses to finally pin him down.

The same suspect was earlier identified to have relatives holding public office in Pangasinan.

Barba said those dead in the shootout in Dagupan belong to another group.

He recalled that the group neutralized in Dagupan was responsible for the kidnapping of two siblings in Dagupan City in 2007 and the attempted kidnapping of two students in Lingayen in 2008 as well as two robbery-hold up incidents in Talavera, Nueva Ecija. (PNA) LAP/Lvm/lvmicua/rma

Comments

Comments are closed.