Palace assures security for Mancao

June 3, 2009 1:31 pm 

MANILA, June 3 –- Malacañang assured on Wednesday former police Senior Supt. Cesar Mancao II of a tight security when he returns to the country from the United States by Thursday or Friday.

”I spoke to National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Director Nestor Mantaring for the tight security set up for Senior Supt. Mancao. This treatment will also be the same for other state witnesses,” Executive Secretary Eduardo Ermita told a press briefing at the New Executive Building (NEB) this afternoon.

Ermita said that "Mancao will definitely be coming home and it’s a major development." He did not elaborate.

The NBI had said earlier that Mancao is now in Los Angeles, California for the final stage of his extradition to the Philippines.

The NBI is the country's premier investigative body and is an attached agency of the Department of Justice (DOJ).

Mancao and former police Sr. Supts. Glenn Dumlao and Michael Ray Aquino are prime suspects in the abduction and slaying of noted publicist Salvador "Bubby" Dacer and his driver Emmanuel Corbito in November 2000.

The three were members of the defunct Presidential Anti-Organized Crime Task Force (PAOCTF) headed by then Philippine National Police (PNP) chief and now Senator Panfilo "Ping" Lacson when the celebrated Dacer-Corbito double-murder case happened. (PNA) scs/JCA

Comments

Comments are closed.